4S Ranch Area Information
4S Ranch Homes for Sale
The origins of 4S Ranch's name aren't definitively known, although many trace it back to the area's first recorded land owner, an Englishman named Joseph Snook, who acquired the property after the collapse of the California mission system in the early 1840's. Locals say the "4S" in the name stands for "4 Snooks" after Joseph and his three brothers.
After Snook passed away his family sold the property, and it changed hands several times over the next 100 years until it was bought by the wealthy Ralphs family in 1938. The Ralphs finally developed the Southern portion of 4S Ranch in 1980, leaving the northern 1200 acres as a private retreat.
Things to do in 4S Ranch
4S Ranch is surrounded by things to do and locals say they really enjoy the numerous large open parks and over 10 miles of hiking and biking trails. The areas main community park is 25 acres and has a baseball field, soccer field, basketball courts and the Boys and Girls Club as well. It also has a large 265,000 square foot shopping plaza named 4S Commons Town Center with over 50 retailers such as World Market, Ralphs, CVS and Ace Hardware, including restaurants Karl Strauss Brewery and Miguel's.
4S Ranch real estate enjoys strong demand among luxury buyers throughout the San Diego area. Buyers look for property here because they know their investment will be safer from natural disasters, and more valued among future buyers. 4S Ranch homes feature a wide variety of amenities like custom pools, vaulted ceilings, and tile roofs. The 4S Ranch real estate area also includes top ranked schools, parks and trails, and a common area accessible to all residents.