Returning for its 35th year, Solana Beach's Fiesta del Sol summer celebration is slated to take place this on May 31st and June 1st 2014. This year's event will be held at Fletcher Cove Park in Solana beach, and will run from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. each day.
The free annual celebration, which last year drew an estimated 50,000 attendees, is sponsored by the city to signify the beginning of summer and highlight the outdoor activities the local area has to offer. The two-day festival will feature music, food, local artwork and crafts, and plenty of activities for the kids.
Entertainment for the event is being scheduled by Belly Up, one of Solana Beach's most popular music venues. So far, the lineup for Fiesta del Sol includes:
Saturday, May 31st
- Cody Lovaas: 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
- Trouble in the Wind: 2:00 – 2:45 p.m.
- Queen Nation: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- The Soul Rebels: 4:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Sully and the Blue-Eyed Soul Band: 5:15 – 6:00 p.m.
- Common Sense: 6:15 – 7:15 p.m.
- Karl Denson's Tiny Universe: 7:45 – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 1st
- Atomic Groove: 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
- Paul Cannon Band: 2:00 – 2:45 p.m.
- Pine Mountain Logs: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Run River North: 4:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Stranger: 5:15 – 6:00 p.m.
- Mariachi El Bronx: 6:15 – 7:00 p.m.
- Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real: 7:30 – 8:45 p.m.
In addition to talented local musicians, Fiesta del Sol also helps promote area artists and craftsman through its displays and exhibits. Pieces include hand-crafted jewelry, clothing, paintings, and other locally-made products.
For the kids, the event offers rides such as the “Swing” and the “Dragon”, inflatable bounce houses, arts and crafts and even martial arts demonstrations. Activities for the entire family will run from open to close each day. There will also be numerous food trucks and vendor tents set up selling food and drinks throughout both Saturday and Sunday.
Due to the large number of visitors expected to turn out for this year's Fiesta del Sol, attendees are encouraged to take advantage of public transportation options. Limited amounts of parking will be available along South Sierra Avenue and Highway 101 on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Additional free parking will be available, along with a free shuttle to the event, on Stevens Avenue by the corner of Lomas Santa Fe.
There is no entry fee for the Fiesta del Sol, and all ages are welcome. For more information, contact the Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce at 858-755-4775 or visit the event's website at FiestadelSol.net.